1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kemmer, Dec 17, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

I was looking aound for curb gaurds and wings and i found these on ebay, i thought they were kinda funny

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

LOL! These people are out to LUNCH! 240 bucks for rubber flaps with a piece of flat stock steel? In the first place, there is no height to them, so all the snow is just going to pile over the edge - constantly leaving trails. When you point a plow and hit snow with a leading edge, the snow builds and piles up. This would just flow over. Hitting any deeper piles? Hang it up. Anyway, you are just SO much better off with an actual set of Pro-wings. They go the full height, add even MORE width to your blade than these do, and they are angled more to a scoop formation. This has different advantages in and of itself. Not only does it majorly help in holding and carrying snow, but we you go against a sidewalk or wall, the sharper angle cleans better - more precisely. Oh yeah,...the Prowings are less expensive, too.
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Look like garbage to me, but I guess with out seeing them first I can't comment.
  4. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

ya i know, prowings have more steel and more rubber but some how these curbeez things are more expensive lol, what a joke