1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curbeez does any one have these?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Turfmower, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Stupid 10 charater thing why can't you just post a link?
  2. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

you could probably make those in about 1/2hour-for chump change compared to what they're asking
  3. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

you can just buy the rubber cutting edge for the next size plow and install it leaving 6 inches out on each side

just drive slow and usually nothing breaks no need for that
  4. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

i was thinking of making a set for the backside of my blade for backdragging
  5. MLB

MLB Senior Member

Would that work with poly scrapers?
  6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

$35 worth of rubber cuting edge will do the same thing
  7. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Are those bolted flat to the blade. It looks like theres an angled bracket between the rubber and the blade.
  8. Gregg Blair

Gregg Blair member

I wouldn't recommend more than two inches of added poly or rubber cutting edge to the outside width of your moldboard. More than this, especially with rubber and the wrong urethane, could lead to tearing of your cutting edge.
  9. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

There looks to be about a 6 inch angle on the brackets. How do you think that angle will affect the trip action?
  10. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

The way they stick out on the sides forces you to leave some snow unplowed next to the curb.

I've never had any problems working next to curbs, in fact I like curbs, you just ease your blade up against it and go, the curb acts like a rail.

Hope they didn't sell the farm to market those things.