1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curb shoes for MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by michdeere, Nov 6, 2008.

1. michdeere

michdeere Member

Does Western offer the curb shoes for the MVP or just the MVP Plus? I no longer have a local dealer to check with (not that they were all that helpful anyhow) I looked on Western's website and there is a picture of them, but it doesn't give any other info.

2. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

on my mvp i just made my own. just take a piece of metal the thickness of your cutting edge and weld a big round piece of metal on them( make sure the round piece you weld on is a little on top of the piece of metal you weld it to; It works good if you take your old worn out cutting edge and weld round stock onto that.then you wont have to cut holes to bolt it onto the plow.

3. michdeere

michdeere Member

Thanks. I was kind of thinking of doing that. Just thought there was a factory option that'd be quick and easy. The shoes I saw have two bolt hloes in them. My cutting edge only has one hole near the end, so unless I want to drill holes in my plow/cutting edge, I'll have to fabricate something.

4. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

dont drill holes in the plow. Just go to the next hole in the plow, you might have to put a ft. long piece of metal on it to reach the second hole but you will want more than 1 bolt holding it on or it will turn on you. I imagine they make them for that plow but why spend the money when you can make them cheaper yourself.payup