1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curb Shoe Kit

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hikeradk, Jan 26, 2008.

1. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Has anyone had problems with the curb shoe kit falling off or the bolt tops sheering off? I had one on the side I don't use sheer off and I can't remember hitting anything to do something like that would have done that.

2. big bird

big bird Senior Member

do you have any pic of it :cry:

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

What blade is this on? Do they make curb guards for MM2 HD?

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We use curb guards on our 12 ft and larger blades and we have had lots of problems shearing bolts. We just tack them on to the cutting edge with a bit of weld and problem solved. You can also just put a small tack from the cutting edge to the blade on each side. When you change your cutting edge it's very easy to grind off.

5. big bird

big bird Senior Member

thats what i would like to know ????

6. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Good to know

Thanks I was in shock when I saw it. Not sure how or when it happened. I was doing an equipment check and noticed something did not look right. Happened on the side I hardly ever use. I have a MM2 Etreme V new this year.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You might have over tourqed the bolts also but a little weld won't hurt anything. Good luck.:drinkup:

8. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Sold in Pairs

Since, I lost my curb guard I asked about getting another and found out they are only sold in pairs. I only need one not two. Any suggestions anyone?