1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curb repair

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Mar 20, 2009.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have a 5' section of asphalt curb to replace at an hoa, the existing curb broke into several pieces from the plow. Can I form it myself using hot bituminous from the plant or should I have an asphalt company repair it?
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I would try to find a paving co. thats working in the area to fix it. If you do it and it comes out bad I'm sure they will make you fix it again. Don't ask me how I know....:drinkup:
  3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

If it was me,I'd fix it myself,simply because I can--it's very easy,you really don't need to be in the paving biz to repair this.On a 5' patch,no one will come out with their curb forming rig,so their job will look just like yours as long as you have a good eye and just know the basics.
  4. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I had to do an asphalt curb once, I formed the back of it so it wouldn't move too much and shaped it with cemnet trowels that I kept cleaning with diesel fuel, that helps compact it and give it a smoother finish. Its worth trying for a eighty dollars worth of asphalt.