1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curb guards

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOODY367, Feb 24, 2007.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Does anyone use curb guards? Do they work well? Any source for a set for 9' Fisher plow? Thanks
  2. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

We bolt a piece of flat steel on the end of the moldboard. We made up some spares at the same time for replacements. We used to weld a piece of rebar on there and ad a new piece when it wore out. A few years back we got some old cummins engine wrist pins cut them in half with a chop saw and welded them on. You cannot believe how hard they are. They out lived the plow. I'm sure any truck engine shop would give them to you as the replace them with any rebuild.
  3. blazemaeko

blazemaeko Junior Member
    from CT

JThomas carries the curb guards. Bought mine this year but have not seen enough snow to decide if the guard was worth it. Seems most are universal in that the holes are punched to fit either side of the plow.
  4. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Here are my stainless gaurds that i made, only plowed once this season and they held up pretty well against some curbs i didnt see