1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curb guards

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SalNazzaro, Dec 18, 2011.

1. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

what other curb guards work on the pro plus plows besides the western ones? thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck cpw or regional truck equipment

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

Winter Equipment "Xtendors"

4. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

I was looking on there earlier, which ones do you have from there?

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You can just use the 2 outer bolts and cut off the rest

7. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Ok thanks I'm probably going to run them on mine rather than the western ones

8. watatrp

watatrp Senior Member

So how much do these extenders run? Is is around $100 for two or each?

9. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

A little over 100.00 for both and mounting bolts.

10. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Thats not bad considering westerns are 150 a pair

11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  12. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

I just posted the whole page on the Winter site and showed what I had. That page covers all smaller curb guards and plow guards, so the OP would have something to look at.

And the Xtendor does go beyond the cutting edge. The description of the product says it protects the blade end and the cutting blade.

13. Antlerart06

O yes protect the Cutting edge end but it doesnt protect the curbs the wrap around is to help from digging into the curbs and protect the Moldboard and cutting edge

np hope he finds what he looking for

14. bob coco

bob coco Member

You should look at the Western curb guards before deciding. I just put one on each of my Pro Plus plows. The Western Pro Plus curb guard is massive and also has a big round end to also protect the curb as well. The flat orange one that doesn't wrap around would wear out in afew storms if you plow to the curb. It would also be hell on a cobblestone curb.

15. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Yea alot of the curbs where i plow are cobblstone and belgium blocks maybe I'll get the "curb guard" version of the extendors. The western ones just look chinsy compared to the extendors.

16. Antlerart06

One thing you might think about is getting wings for ur plow rubber on the wings will be softer on the cobbstone and belgium blocks

17. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Yea I was thinking about them too, never should have sold my old set of them!

18. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

I just bought the western curb gaurd for my MVP. p/n. 44403 it is way heavier duty than those from differnt companies, and the rounded ball will be kind to decorative curbs

19. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

I have these on one of my 8611LP's They bend the edges in. I am replacing them with the Curb Runners. Much more stout and run the curbs better with the rounded edges.

20. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

How do the Xtendors bend the edges in ? We have 5 sets on my plows & a 6th set on a subs, with no issues, can you post a pic or something ?