1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curb Guards

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bigbadbrad, Nov 7, 2010.

1. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

any one other then fisher make curb guards for an 8.5 xtremev? I rember i seen a company that makes a combo curb guard and cutting edge wear plate but i dont rember the name of the company

thanks
    Brad

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Fisher has a shoe/curb guard combo and a curb guard by itself. The combo doesn't work well until it is ground way down. With a new cutting edge and installing the combo, my edge was about an inch off the pavement. Good luck scraping with that...

3. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I have a set of fisher combo wear shoe, curb guard that came off my 8' x-blade. Fisher used to make a bracket to use these on my 8.5XV but got discontinued. I now run seperate wear shoes and curb guards. The only reason for the shoes is that one of my lots is in rough shape, customer doesn't want to resurface the lot.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

5. LON

LON Senior Member

Winter Xtendor curb/plow guard combo. Have them in stock. My cousin is a east coast rep for them.

6. LON

LON Senior Member

here's a set on a Fisheyer we did.

DSC02121.JPG

7. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Will they fit a 9'6" XtremeV ?

8. LON

LON Senior Member

Yes you can use them on a V-plow. I have them on our local mall's EZ-V.

9. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

yes those xtenders is what i was thinking about, looks like it will work better then the fisher one, how much do they run?

10. LON

LON Senior Member

I'll send you a PM

11. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

10-4 i'll be waiting for it

12. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

Hey I would be interested in a few sets of those myself!!!

13. A Fisheyer...thats an interesting setup.....pros/cons???

14. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Does anyone have the winter Xtendor guards on an xtreme v? Just wondering if the holes line up or if you would have to drill

15. LON

LON Senior Member

winged1dur will be getting his from me today for his 9.5 X-V. I took blank punched ones and punched them to blades I had in stock to ensure fit.

16. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Pro's = Fisher Parts

Con's = Meyer's Parts

Kidding of course, that moldboard definitely has a nice attack angle.

17. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

So basically your saying the pre drilled ones will not work

18. LON

LON Senior Member

Pre-drilled for 1/2" bolts and not 5/8" that the X-V has.

19. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

i am actually welding a old pair or center cutting edges from my xtreme v as curb guards on a straight blade. and actually i think bolt holes line up to put em on a xtreme v as curb guards. i got wings so i cant use that

20. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

hey winged1dur did u get the curb guards? how do they fit? i have a 9'6" v and need a set.