1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curb guards off of Fisher Extreme V

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Brian Young, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a set of curb guards off of our new Extreme V. These are not the Fisher model, these are from Meyer I was told. They are the full height of the trip edge and are about 8" long (width of 2 bolt holes and then some) and wrap around the ends like BOSS's new edges do. These have probably 10-15 hrs on them and not even worn. They are 1/2 thick and very heavy duty, the set we run on our other V blade were bought in 06 and are about half way worn. These things have also prolonged my cutting edge quite a bit, the old v blade has about 1100hrs on it and I'm on cutting edge #3 this year, so they do help. Any ways, just paid 312.00 for the set looking to get 250.00 for the set.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Why did you take them off? What are you putting on instead? Always looking for something better

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Well I didnt take them off yet, I want to try the Fisher wings and cant use any guards. I had a sub bail on us and trying to make one of our plows the most efficient it can be. These things are great, like I said, our other XV had them on since new and they're not even worn half way and they won't wear any more because they're at the point were we change out cutting edges. If you want, I can text you some pics. We paid 156.00 per side and was asking 250.00 plus shipping but can work on price if shipping. I think they weigh about 7ish pounds each.