1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curb Guards for the XLS & Wideouts.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RepoMan207, Nov 19, 2009.

1. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Seems very easy to make your own steel edges.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Replacing the rubber/poly edge with steel?

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

That would be a bad idea, unless you want to buy a wing.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Time to give the ole :popcorn: smilie another workout.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

hmmmm, that could suck huh.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Good exercise in false economy right there....

8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I DON'T think im gonna run out and put steel edges on my XLS wings..:confused:

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

I don't know about the steel edge, but I like the idea of a curb guard. Even a bolt on lip to protect the wings metal would be ideal.

10. Matson Snow

I agree...Curb guards would be worth a try...

11. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Its NOT a steel Edge on the wing...Jerre's fix is a called a Polar edge, i believe its a Urethane type compound.

12. lilweeds

Well, yeah, but I didn't realize till just now that he thought they were steel.

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

It seems to be the over all consensus was that they were metal. I honestly thought they were a molded poly of some sorts over a metal guard until this morning when I saw the posts.

I'm not so sure how well a poly, urethane, or any other rubber would hold up as a curb guard though. I could understand a stronger edge...but wouldn't a could hit with a rubber curb guard wipe the thing right off the side of the wing if not tear where it is mounted to the blade rather then just persuading it off the curb as a metal one would?

14. Matson Snow

WoW...My bad..They are a poly of some sort...I just emailed Jerre for a price and more info on the edges...:help:

15. lilweeds

From what I'm told they make a hell of a difference. The polar edges are what Blizzard uses as an optional edge on their blades. From what I understand they hold up very well.

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

No, they don't. Blizzard has the same concept on their urethane edges with a nice big curb guard that works just dandy.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

Cool, I think I'll look into these.....after I buy an overpriced snow deflector and shoes for my new XLS.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Real men don't wear shoes....

19. RepoMan207

from Maine

To tell ya the truth, I just like haveing them. I only tried my olds ones out once during a late season storm. They didn't do me any good The plow just kept on bunny hopping in the soft dirt road. I got pissed and said screw it, it was only a 6' storm.

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I've never plowed with them. I have been told they will dig into soft gravel just fine.....