1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curb guards for boss plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Firemanfive0, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

Is there an online company than I can order the curb guards thru. My local dealer seems to be way over priced on these things. $108+tax for each side. Any help would be appreciated.

CurbGuards.jpg

2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Are you looking for a straight blade or v-blade? I have a pair for a v-blade I would sell for $75 + shipping.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If its a vee blade wouldn't it be easier to just buy the new style edges with the gaurds built in?

5. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

I have a straight poly blade.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

AH I see I see, Well then the vee blade cutting edges wont work for you then. Darn it. To bad boss doesn't make a formed cutting edge for there straight blades.

7. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

i paid $220 + tax per side, talk about an ass raping

8. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Check Ebay, I saw a pair on there yesterday for $99

9. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

Thanks guys

Deckscapes thanks for the ebay tip, got the pair for $102.50 plus s/h:)

10. tbirdhau

tbirdhau Junior Member

I just got some metal and made mine. Use a 2" piece of solid pipe and a piece of metal same height as cutting edge. Drill hole so goes with existing end bolt which will have to be longer and weld pipe to end so sticks out from plow just a little bit. On 8' v plow I had to weld cause only one bolt hole close to end