1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curb Guard info and pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NCat496, Dec 26, 2009.

1. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I have been reading and getting alot of questions about these Winter Equipment curb guards. I paid around $90 a set but I dont have to pay for shipping because the factory is right down the road from me. These save your cutting edges from premature wear and protect the side of the moldboard from curbs. As you can see in the pics I have rode some curbs and you can see how my moldboard was protected. Any questions or comments are welcome.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. dchr

dchr Senior Member

Any negative effect on backdragging or scraping ability?

3. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

A little on the backdragging but nothing too much a little salt wont take care of. As far as scraping is concerned it taked a few pushed for the guards to form to your edge, once that happens you wont notice the difference except how your cutting edge is not wearing as quick.

4. dchr

dchr Senior Member

Thanks for the info.-I've been eyeballing that set-up for a while now.

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Will they work with wings installed

6. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Well I'm one of those guys who was thinking about purchasing a set of these, after seeing them on your plow I'm going to pickup a set ASAP.

Thanx for the informative thread!

8. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

No problem, good luck with them, you will be happy you got them. The only thing is you need to put them on with a new cutting edge or one that has minimal wear on it.

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

OK will do

10. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i'm in for these too........got a brand new edge sitting on floor waiting for em.

11. RSR_NH

RSR_NH Member

They get $90 a set for these? They look pretty easy to make, maybe it's something I should whip up and start shipping out :waving:

On a side note, this is an awesome investment regardless of where you get them. About how long have you had them? Is that wear what you have put on them this season only?

12. Dissociative

13. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

14. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

What you see in the pics is one hard season of concrete.

15. RSR_NH

RSR_NH Member

Gotchya. I didn't mean to imply anything by that, just curious.

16. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Imply what?

They hold up really well, i guess i just see alot of them because they are made here where i live

17. RSR_NH

RSR_NH Member

I wasn't sure if you thought I was implying you were putting too much wear on them in such a short time. I went back and re-read my reply, and thought it might throw someone off.

18. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Dont worry, these plowsite guys wont attack to hard haha

19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe I should become a dealer for them lol

Seems like no one around here has them and I bet I could get $150 for them with ease.

20. Dissociative

they have been 109.25 since they were made says the plant.

i was wrong..the 190 is for a regular blade...not the smaller ones for the plus...

what is pictured is 109.25 and has a 2 week waiting period ....