1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curb Guard for Boss V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by LawnProLandscapes, Nov 3, 2008.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looking to get curb guards this year for my 9'2" boss poly vee. im wondering what you guys are running and what is holding up for you?

i looked at the curb guards boss sells and im not liking the price, i considered there new formed cutting edge with curb guard integrated but my cutting edge isnt bad enough to justify the replacement cost, and again wow on the price. i also looked tonight in the CPW catalog i had sitting on my desk and was checking out there universal curb guards as a solution . for about $130 i could have a set of curb guards but im not sure on there fit/quality.... let me know what you guys think/are using.

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

3. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

my personal opinion dont wast your money on curb guards run what u got till the blades were out and then switch to the new style i switched last year

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

We use some 1.5" round steel stock welded to both sides of the plow. It works great but I wouldnt do it if you are planning on putting the new style edges on down the road.