1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curb gaurd on western MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ajcoop20, Dec 17, 2011.

1. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

Hey guys wondering what guys with the older MVP's are doing for curb gaurds, I have the single hole towards the edge of the plow, Ill be plowing municipal this year with it. Just wondering what curb gaurd i should use, and was wondering since the right hand side will be the side getting the beating from plowing the right hand side gutter, if i should just put the one on since they are expensive as all hell haha. thanks in advance.

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Think curb guards are expensive, wait till you need to replace cutting edges. The curb guards we run are $ 135 a set. On Fisher EZ-V, which is same as yours I believe.

3. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

what curb gaurds are those RLM ?

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I ran a set for my MVP cost me like 45 for set

5. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

what brand were they antlerart? havent seen any that were close to being that inexpensive

6. Antlerart06

Homemade been doing it for years bending steel bolt them front of the last 2 bolt holes

7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Winter equipment Xtendors, not only curb guards but drastically reduce cutting edge wear.

8. Antlerart06

If you cant make your own Click on Winter site they have some for 37 each They kinda looks like ones I made

CurbGuardUniv.jpg

9. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

im fully capable of making my own, time is more my problem, I saw those but not sure how strong they would be with only 1 bolt going through them. I have the old style mvp where the cutting edge only has one bolt near the edge. not sure if guys are drilling more holes in the wear edge to mount these universal peices or not. Thanks much for the input though

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Weld them to the edge, that's how mine were.

[​IMG]