1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curb damage pics?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mullis56, Feb 13, 2009.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I know normal scarring of curbs is normal for commercial removal, can you guys post pics of what you'd call normal to your customers? I am looking for pics from other contractors to show them other examples of what is considered normal. Thanks!

2. accentlawn

accentlawn Member

normal? I hope not.

n57000590_32054760_131.jpg

3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicThe end of season tour we do with site/facility managers at commercial sites here any chipping or knocking off about 2 inches o f cement is considered "normal" Although we stake as much as we can chipping does happen. :) What isnt considered normal by them is when I moved a speedbump installed 2months earlier. :realmad: It was just pavement on top of pavement and never bonded, however I was told to repair it and a paving company nicely charged me 500 bucks, Sorry no pics:angry:

4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Holy chit, that is excessive yes, glad I wasn't in the truck!

I don't even know what the PM is talking about yet she sent me a text because I let her know the clips to fix her fence are now in our possession. She said do you know about the curbs?

5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Well if your talking about the 2 inches as excessive it was not caused by trucks but tractors lifting snow over curbs and misjudging. Yes I was surprised I didnt have ta fix it. Maybe cuz it was that he wasnt dressed for the weather we had on the tour and wanted to get back in his Mercedes as quick as possible. But ya I hate seeing the scars on cement especially when I go to great lengths to stake clearly as possible

6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I use to plow for Mento's in Braintree. He Did Blue Cross Medical East building on Wood Row. It had burms. He tried to send me there one day. I told him I would never go there becuase the burms are too easy to damage and the way he swaps trucks around I wasnt going to be accountable for any damage

7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

anything beyond a crack or chip is going to be considered damaged (usually). so what would normal be? i'd say scrapes or if you run pushers, paint transfer but that's about it.

8. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Does anyone have pictures? What is an acceptable scrape? Chip size?

9. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

haha i try to not have pics of curb damage because that means my guys made a mistake. but ill look monday when i get back to my office

10. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Me to never snapped any!

11. Indy

Indy Senior Member

How bout we find some that are "Common" but not OURs............:cool:

12. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

That is what I am planning on doing!

13. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

One of the properties I am plowing this year had severe damage to curbs all over so I called the boss & told him he needed pics before we got blamed. I try to do this on all properties just to cover my a%@.

14. Indy

Indy Senior Member

That is an extruded curb on grade, no footer...........it's the cheapest way to get a curb........also it looks like its a low spot, lots of moisture and freezing......it's very common for them to break loose like that.........however it isn't common for them to be moved that much.........

JMHO

A little off topic but....just in case somebody hits one like that;)