1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cup Holder rubber tabs part #?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cjasonbr, Feb 2, 2009.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

The cup holder on my 04 2500HD has 4 rubber tabs in the center cup holder - 4 in each cup holder.

I've lost one of them somehow and the other 7 have pretty much lost their shape and i can;t find a part number for them anywhere. I can't find them on e-bay either. Nowhere.

Does anyone have a part number or know where to find them?
  2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

How about a dealer ???
  3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I doubt my dealer stocks cup-holder tabs. I don't want to waste my life.
  4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

[smartass] Get a bigger cup. [/smartass]

Sorry for not contributing ussefully, tough day at the office.
  5. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I think you have to buy the whole cupholder. A few years ago I tried buying the rubber inserts for the cupholder on my 98 K1500 that has the bucket seats and middle console. The cupholder snaps into the front part of the console. The dealer told me that they don't just sell the rubber part and that I would have to buy the whole cupholder. I think the cupholder was going to cost around $50 so I've just lived with the old ones. I'm not spending $50 for just a cupholder. Best bet is a junkyard.

6. davink

davink Member

Mine are the same in my 05 2500 I found that when they started to bend down because of use, you can pop them out and turn them over - that way they point up, and grab the cup better - dont know about the missing one - know anyone who would take you for a ride in there truck - lift one out if it!!
  7. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I called the stealer.

He looked it up and told me $12 A PIECE!!!!! So i would need 8 at the low-low price of $96+tax.

Good grief.

I asked how much a new cupholder assembly would be and he said he couldn't look up the assembly with everything included.
  8. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

check out ebay for the whole assembly. Might get lucky there...
  9. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Yea i looked on ebay. But the whole point is the tabs are broken in. I don;t think that lesser used tabs will necessarily fix the problem. It might make it better though - but only until those tabs get worn out too.
  10. Sno Biz

Sno Biz Member
    from Chicago

I guess it time to start drinking 40 ounce beers :drinkup: