1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cummins Swap

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tomonster92, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Tomonster92

Tomonster92 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Anyone ever swap a cummins in. I wanna do it but not until i have a serious problem or a nother truck needs a motor then ill give it mine but i was just wondering if you did it and then regreted it or had any problems after.

2. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

what year and motor is your truck? and are you doing the work yourself or paying to have it done? It could be up to $15,000 or more.

3. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

2003 7.3 majority of the work myself except for the complicated wiring parts.

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

DO you plan on putting a 12v in it or a CR? My race truck is a 06 f250 with a early 04 common rail.

5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Tons of people on the diesel forums have done this.

destroked.com
    fordcummins.com

Truck sites:
    cumminsforum.com
    competitiondiesel.com
    dieselbombers.com

6. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

To be honest I have no clue im not really serious about looking until something happens to my engine or have another use for it. I've seen tons of these done I was just wondering if anyone didnt like it or did it themselves and it was way more than they were expecting when they got into it.

7. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

I hate mine. Definintely should have gone with the 8 mpg 460. ;)

Seriously, I love it. I have a 77 F-250 that I put a 12 valve cummins in. I did all the work on my own. It wasn't easy but not terrible either. I'm considering doing a swap into a super duty to for my next daily driver.