1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cummins powerplant pricing

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Swampbeast, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Swampbeast

Swampbeast Junior Member
    from Texas

How much would a brand new HO series Cummins diesel cost? The same one in the 3500 HO Dodge Ram pickup trucks. I am thinking aboutputting a Cummins in an offroad truck I have.
    Thanks

:cool:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Haven't seen any pricing on them but I'm assuming you'd be looking 8-10000 easy.I'm sure the electronics wouldn't be cheap either.

If you going for a Cummins get a 97-early 98 12 Valve motor from a munual trans truck.Way easier to get a hold of,they have the best pump,and will make lots more power with minimal modifications.

3. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Check the classifieds on the TDR for a wrecked truck. You could get all the parts and computer parts needed. What will the motor go into?

4. Swampbeast

Swampbeast Junior Member
    from Texas

A Humer I have ordered actually. Thats what the motor is going into. I dont particularly like the GM diesel that comes with it, I wanted to put a Cummins in it. If that proves unfeasable, I will go with a big block gasser.

Thanks for the help yall, and any continued help is much appreciated. I will let yall know how its going.

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Why didn't you say it was for a Hummer.

Yes,it can be done,and it has been done.

Here is a pic of a Hummer with a 24 Valve Cummins,but if you look carefully you'll see it has the magical P7100 pump.SWEET !!! :D

I'll see if I can find the thread with all the pics and info.

untitled.jpg

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

7. Swampbeast

Swampbeast Junior Member
    from Texas

Yes, I am going to do this. But it will take a while, because I ordered it, and the guy said it will be a good three months before I can take delivery, and after that, well, I will be out quite a bit of money, and I wont be able to afford a new engine for a while. So I will just have to make do with the standard GM diesel until I get the $$$ saved up for a Cummins. I really want to put a Cummins in there, I think it would be the best engine for that. Those inline sixes have lotsa low end torque.
    This is a used military hummer I have ordered, so its pretty bare bones, you know, camoflauge paint job, bare accesories, comes with the bomb/skid plate that covers the entire bottom, all that good stuff.
    Thanks. ]

8. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

The cost of the swap is huge in the Hummer. Lots of mods to make it fit.
    I agree the Cummins is better but for 5 grand you could get a nice 6.5, newer block from AMG with plenty of power from The Diesel Depot. What did the Hummer set you back?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2003