1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cummins plowing , last year, deep snow on top of deep snow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by DFLS, Jan 25, 2012.

1. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

From last year, a fresh 11" snow on top of the 3 feet already on the ground. Had to work at this one because the piles were already huge. Look at the front walk at the end of the video.

How do you embed videos?
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Must be a chain lift plow to stack that high, :laughing:.
  3. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Gotta love that whistle! Sounds like it was basically idling through alot of that stuff.
  4. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

It's a Boss can't you see it when it goes up the bank?
  5. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

You should listen to my other videos just go to my page and scroll down the list for more.
  6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I was being facetious.
  7. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

since were on stacking, are you raising the plow as you pull in to the pile or is that all snow lifting the plow?
  8. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Lift into pile. Multitasking especially if the back plow is down at that same time...

More big snow: http://youtu.be/ksXPycSOWWE
  9. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

I'm jealous, truck sounds evil!! Nice work
  10. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

How long did it take you to get use to using and remembering that you had the back blade on the truck, yours looks like it's about 8 feet in your pics.
  11. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I remember one time that I couldn't figure out what I was hung up on - the truck wouldn't go backwards. That was the only lesson I needed for raising plow before backing.

Same for hitting walls, you learn pretty quick.

One time on a hilly driveway in very icy conditions a customer was moving his car even though he was instructed not to and I was going up the driveway, lost traction and slid back down the hill into the side of his moving car. We hit at a 45 degree angle, the corner of my back plow pierced the car door and peeled it open like a can opener, 4k damage to Lexus, back plow no damage. All in slow motion like 5 mph. If only he hadn't moved out of the safe spot.