1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cummins coolant lines

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by deluxeco, Dec 10, 2006.

1. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

I have a 1999 sterling single axle with a cummins motor, they utilize a steel pipe for most of the radiator lines with rubber hose ends with connections to the block and radiator. Needless to say they are well rusted and need replaced, the dealer quoted me a $1000.00 dollars for the top line only,I think he's smokin' something, any other ideas on cheaper solutions aftermarket or otherwise? thanks

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

is the pipe rotted through yet? if not pull it off and find some one to powdercoat it ive done that on frieghtliner lower pipes many times.

3. fans

fans Junior Member

coolant lines

try a muffler shop that bends it's own pipe. Even if you went stainless it would probably cost less than dealer pricing.

4. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

Thats exactly what I did, actually found a company in Grand River that bends pipe for Sterling, bent top pipe for $30 bucks, found out the upper pipe is no longer available from Sterling,so the computer made it a grand. Pretty good from the "cadillac" of trucks to not offer a radiator hose for a six year old truck.Gotta love it!