1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cummins Coolant Leak

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Nov 24, 2008.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Everytime it gets cold out, below lets say 20 my truck leaks a small anount of coolant out of the back side of the engine somewhere. It has always done it so I never cared too much but now I am wondering if I should have it checked out before its out of warranty.

It doesnt matter if it has been sitting for a month, just when it gets cold out it leaks. I would say the mark on the ground is about were the engine and trans mount. Maybe 3" circle of coolant.

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

myself i would take it and have it checked. it may be waitin to let loose and it will wait till your warranty is out. if your luck is like mine.......

3. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

I agree, thats what the warranty is for. Let them tell you its ok at least you will have it on file. Never heard of this personally.

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I had the EXACT same problem on a F-350 last year and all it ended up being a clamp. Nothing serious at all but definitely something you want to get fixed because it won't go away on it's own.

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

This sounds famailiar... I think I did tighten a clamp last year. My memory must be going, I do turn 28 tomorrow