1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cummins and 8'2" VXT

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodge15004x45.9, Jun 23, 2011.

1. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Any cummins guys running an 8ft 2" VXT on there trucks? Bosses site only shows 7'6" and that seems really dinky for a truck this big... kind pisses me off really.

How much did the front end of the truck drop? I know I will need new coils/spacers.

How much did one of these VXT's set yall back 5k+?

How is the truck holding up with 800lbs hanging off the front end?

How are they back dragging? I plow alot of drive ways.

Are these V plow's from boss full trip or trip edge?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I have an '02 2500 with a Cummins. I looked at a Boss V. But, they are full trip, and they have cylinder locks that are recommended if you backdrag (add $700+). I have no experience , but a friend does, and says that his will start to go to scoop position when back dragging. Also, my local Boss dealer is an ass. So, I wouldn't buy from him. I bought a Hiniker 8 1/2 poly V. It s a trip edge plow, with double action cylinders, so it doesn't go to scoop when backdragging. Also, the trip edge is GREAT.

For backdragging, my Hiniker does about like any other plow without a backdrag edge. However, I plan on buying a Hiniker C plow before the season gets here. I will use the V for my lots, and commercial, then swap to the C when I hit drives.

I think they recommend a 7 1/2' for the weight. Because of the weight of the Cummins. I have Timbrens on my truck, and it doesn't squat it much at all.

kevlars

3. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Got quoted for the V plow 5825 installed that price is with out sales tax and the smart locks.

4. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

I run a 8'2" vxt on my 06 ctd and love the set up. I did put super coils on it with bilstien shocks. This setup levels the truck out 2.5" and after the mods my plow only drops 1/2". Very Happy. With the smart locks you can back drag all day. I do a few hotels and I backdrag tons and no problems.

5. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Can't help with the Boss but I run a Western MVP should be close to the same weight for comparison and also timbrins on the front. Attached are two pics of how far she sinks, no far at all.....ussmileyflag
    [​IMG]
    and up no ballast in here.
    [​IMG]
    Hope that helps some.

6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

im running a 9'2" without problems

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Upgraded springs and Timbrens are key. I ran a bBizzard 810 on my 04 CTD (approx 1100# with upgrades), and the front end wouldn't drop more than 1/2" when raised. I still have the springs for sale, they were tentatively spoken for, but I haven't heard from Todd in a while.

They should fit any of the 1994-2009 2500/3500 4wd trucks.