1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Seabee15, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Seabee15

Seabee15 Member

Does anyone have any CUCV pics with plows attached?
  2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Whats a CUCV?
  3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

CUCV = Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle (Military Trucks)

Such as the Chevy K30's rated as 1 1/4 ton's, also known as M1008's and so on.
  4. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I have a M1009 blazer. Great truck to plow with and is for sale.
  5. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

someone on here used to have one a few years back i remember it was mint and it had a brand new boss vxt on it try the search button it was so nice i actually saved it to my old computer...lightning got it though otherwise i would post the pic
  6. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

In an issue of Truck Trends a few years back. There was talk of chevy making another proto-type CUCV. I remember seeing a dull green and black 03-06 body style single cab long box on some type of test course that the caption said was a GM site. Does anyone have this picture or pictures of said proto-type, or memory of it. maybe its all in my head.

7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

They did build them, I remember seeing a lot of them parked behind the local Chevrolet dealer about 4 or 5 years ago but I'm pretty sure these ones were extended cabs.

Here is a link.

8. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

So this is a bit of thread hi-jacking, but I'll go thought tomorrow night and look for CUCV plows. I did a bit of research of my own, and apperently they weren't just prototypes, many of them were put into service. There are a fair amount out there which I brought to share with you all. There was the original CUCV most of us know about, and then the CUCV II, which only changed the body style and the engine to a 6.5L diesel. The CUCV II also came in Yukon and suburban versions. Then came the LSSV produced from 2000 to 2004.
    "Chevrolet Silverado
    From GM Defense, this extreme, off-road, commercial utility cargo vehicle (CUCV III) Chevy Silverado has a 6-in. suspension lift, a Duramax 6600 V-8 turbodiesel, five-speed Allison automatic transmission, 35-in. run-flat (with beadlocks) tires, and night-vision. The bigger tires and extra lift give the Chevy 49-degree approach and 28-degree departure angles. Other available options from GM Defense include a 5000-watt AC/DC generator, high-output air compressors, and a bench-seat troop carrier for the pickup bed. Estimated cost: $65,000"

There is also the "Command Tahoe"
    "The Command Tahoe uses a Vortec 4800 V-8 for motivation and largely remains stock, with the exception of some added skidplating and Z71 options. GM Defense options include a custom front brush guard, rear and rear-pintle hitches, and vent hose filters on the transmission and differentials. Other customized, military-approved add-ons include a set of M16 and M14 weapons brackets, a 12/24-volt converter, and blackout lighting, the latter of which allows the vehicle to throw small amounts of light to the ground, without a large signature pick up from enemy thermal imagers. Estimated cost: $58,000"

There is also a Suburban version but I don't have detailed specs on it.

I also found details on prototypes from ford and dodge.

"Ford F-350
    This '99 Super Duty Crew Cab has a stock 7.3L Power Stroke turbodiesel with an enhanced frame to boost GVW 2000 lb by using various F-450 and F-550 components. CTIS, air springs at each corner (with load-leveling), and Hydro-Lok differentials (4.88:1 gears) help improve off-road ability. In addition, 37-in. tires enhance approach and departure angles to 40 degrees and 35 degrees, respectively. The electrical system is a combination of 12 and 24 volts with various outlets in the cab, engine compartment, and bed. An inverter provides 110-volt AC, as well. Estimated cost: $62,000"

"2500 Ram with an active air-ride system that uses Bilstein shocks. A CTIS system is controlled from inside the cab to provide tire-pressure adjustments based on terrain changes. The new suspension makes room for 35-in. tires that help give the Ram 40* approach and departure angles. Using the classic 5.9L Cummins I-6, the militarized Ram offers plenty torque, as well as a front brush guard and locking differentials. Estimated cost: $55,000."

Pictures to follow, 5 at a time.

9. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

I forgot to mention I also found a hybrid diesel(the huge one with the command pod in back) , and fuel cell operated (the regular stock green pickup with nothing but the white star).

10. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

11. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

wow! where do i place my order?
  12. deere13

deere13 Member

here's some from the other sites

13. radguard9

radguard9 Junior Member

I work full time for the Army National Guard as a Maintenance Supervisor. Up until 3 years ago we had a CUCV (M1028) that we used to plow our compound with a 8ft fisher. It took most of the day to get it done but with the posi front and rear and 4:56 gears that thing would push snow! The 6.2 was only rated at 140 or so hp and was a dog but we had really good luck with them. We had another one that we used as a shop truck to go up and down the highway and after the turbo 400 finally crapped out I had a 700R4 built for it with a hydraulic activated lockup converter. With the 4:56 gears it was a perfect gear ratio match at highway speed. If you kept the speed around 65-70mph you could get 20mpg with it. I tried keeping track of it after we had to turn it in so I could buy it but never saw it again. I miss the ol "Blue Cap Truck"!!! Yes it had a blue aluminum cap on it! ha ha On another note, I believe the CUCV IIs were for the Air Force. I never saw them on the Army side. The Canadians have crewcab/shortbed Duramaxes with four captain chairs in the cab. Very Cool!!!
  14. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Member
    from WI

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  15. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Just to bring up an old post! My M1008A1. Just picked up a 7.5" Meyer for it that will be going on soon.

16. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

I own a few, never seem to remember to take pictures of anything... Great plow trucks though.
  17. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

I don't have any pics of it but at my national guard unit we have a TMP with a 7'6" meyer plow with some goofy ass 24v pump setup.