1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike Paulsen, Dec 5, 2000.

1. Mike Paulsen

Mike Paulsen Junior Member

Cub Cadet 13hp 33" clearing path steerable wheel model with power steering , 15" second stage impeller. Maybe put a bullrider behind it. 20 by 35 driveway in 4 min., one guy?
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

Was this supposed to be an answer to another post on another thread? If so, let us know and we can delete this one after you move it. Let us know.

If not, I've got a simular setup, only bigger. JD 20 HP diesel Yanmar with heated cab, 54" power angle blade, or 48" 2 stage blower with hydraulic motor to turn the chute. This setup is works great to clean up small areas, sidewalks and small driveways.
  3. Mike Paulsen

just wanting to know if anyone thinks its possible to do this size driveway in 4 min. with this set up.
  4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

4 minutes, with that equipment ??

Don't think so.

10 minutes "feels" closer.
  5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

There's a lot of variables in that one. It depends on how much snow there is, and if it's wet & heavy or just powder.

Just out of curiosity... why the 4-minute time frame?

6. Mike Paulsen

I can do it with my 9HP 26" Craftsman in 8-11 minutes depending on snow conditions. . . just trying to up production & wondering if anyone is running that kind of time with the equipment I mentioned earlier.
  7. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

that size i do in 5 min with the 48in blade on the tractor
  8. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

I use this set up last year for 30 residantials, need an average of 4 hours to visit them once with few stair to shovel. This years i bought a 13 hp 45" MTD blower steerable.

It can handle those 22 new costomers i added.
    i have two more 13/33 in backed up and i don't think i'll need them. i went throught 2 storms and 5 regular snow event whitout stress.

I use a corolla 4wd to tow a 4X6.5 trailer.very cheap on gas and maintenance.