1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet Tank

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ReelLawnCare, Oct 15, 2009.

1. ReelLawnCare

ReelLawnCare Junior Member

I bought a Cub Cadet Zero Turn mower this year. It has a snow plow option. Has anybody on here plowed with one of these. I have about 10 small residential driveways that I am doing. What do you think the results would be with putting a plow on the front a zero turn mower. Any help would be great. Thanks. Rob

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Don't do it. If you have ever got you z turn stuck while mowing, you could guess how good it will do pushing snow, while being on snow/ice covered pavement. Mid mount ztrs are only good for one thing and thats mowing grass, anything else is mediocre at best. Not too mention frigid temps, snow, salt will eat at your tank pretty fast.

3. ReelLawnCare

ReelLawnCare Junior Member

Ok thanks that was my thoughts too when it came to the salt and wet rusting the mower away. I just wanted some others opinion. thanks again.

4. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

With chains they aren't that bad. They aren't great either. Good for less than 4" of snow.

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Seems like a pretty good way to wreck a $5000 lawn mower real quick.

Buy a decent 2 stage snowblower or a cheap 4x4 atv.