1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet Project.

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Willman940, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

hi,

I have a (late 19s) Cub Cadet 1942, it was grandfathers before he died, and since its fallen into disrepair. I'd like to get it running and find a plow and 3 point hitch for it, so it will be use full again. As I'm a novice in tractors I'm going to need some help, I'm bringing her home from storage tomorrow, it needs a new battery and I'm not sure what else yet. Do you guys have any idea where I could get the addon's mentioned above.

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

4. shtuk

shtuk Member

5. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

Thanks guys, if theres interest, shes running again. and is actually a 1642 (thank you dislexia). The battery turned out to not be the issue, and instead of letting me bring her home, my mother had her sent to the dealer were my grand father had had all the service work done. The only bummer there is that I don't get the experience of fixing it myself. And we still have the wrong battery in it in the sence that it doesn't sit in the mounts but it works fine for now. I plan on bringing it home in about a week.

My family still insists (after 3 years of looking) that there is a blade for it around somewhere, but I personally am not convinced.

I've taken the John Deere out a couple times and it has prooven itself I climbed to the highest point in the county with it, for no other reason then poops and giggles. It climbed the hills without strain. I tested the PTO the other day, and after a bit of comotion I noticed the belt had fallen out behind me in the street, but I checked and the and the wheel on the bottom of the block that turns the belt was spinning. So once reattached she should mow.

Plans are still undetermined due to funds, I'd let to get both of them plowing or blowing by winter but I also have truck payments to make.