1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet plower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thannigan, Dec 5, 2003.

1. thannigan

thannigan Member

This a storm from last year

goodpusher.jpg

2. thannigan

thannigan Member

chillen

fullpic.jpg

3. thannigan

thannigan Member

4. thannigan

thannigan Member

5. thannigan

thannigan Member

:drinkup: opps forgot pic

6. thannigan

thannigan Member

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Very Nice :D

8. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

This Cub Cadet 125 was my Pre-Drivers license means of winter income for many years. The JD's didn't come until I was Driving.

Had a plow on the Cub like yours, and later a single stage blower.

equipment 1.jpg

9. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

My Dad just recently outfitted one of these to snow duty. He has the blade and a single stage (shown) for it. Lots of weight too. Wheel weights and liquid filled bar tread, along with a very heavy weight bar out back.

jd 318 w blower sm.jpg

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

What year is that little tractor, my Uncle had one similar.

This is what I started plowing with. No trip mechanism made for some very rough plowing, and VERY sudden stops. I just plowed a few driveways around my grandparent's house (that's my Grandpa's old IH, it 'lives' at his house) The open cab (lack thereof) was also rough, glad I moved up to heat!

yellowtractorplow.gif

11. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Nice, that’s pretty deep snow! Especially for using a blade on it! I’ve got a ’74 JD 110 with a 42” blade and a ’64 Bush Hog V3-6 (garden tractor) with a 48” blade and a ’93 Wheel Horse 520H with a 36” single stage snowthrower. No I don’t plan on using them all at once LOL. Going to put wings on the JD to make it 52”. Gonna get lug tires and weights for it too. I have never found chains necessary (tried them once in a deep snow they do help a lot) for the snow we get so I figure I’ll just not use them and save accidentally tearing up a driveway. I found tractor lug tires work real well for me and I put as much weight on as possible. When the piles get too big or heavy to push I just back up 10’ or so, put it in 3rd gear and ram it, they usually get moving and if that doesn’t do it back up and take a smaller bite off of the side LOL.
    Impressive pics though looks good. I will try to dig up some of mine.

12. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Bush Hog two winters ago.

bushhogvplowcab.jpg

13. thannigan

thannigan Member

Everyone -
    Nice pictures of your other machines. Besides the pictures of me plowing with that CUB 1250 hydrstatic, I have a wheel horse charger 10, a 16 hp wheel horse I think an 8 speed, and a cub cadet supergarden tractor. The super garden is 19 hp, the specific model name is 1950 I belive. It has a 3 point hitch, and a 42' blade that is hydraulic left,right,up and down. I can't wait to get that running. Also I have a cub cadet 169 that is hydraulic up and down. All of my tractors range from between 1969-1978 or so. If anyone wants to know more about cub cadet's just e-mail me at chip99flanni@aol.com, my dad has alot of knowledge on that subject. TIM