1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT Snow Thread!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by CoastalSnow&Ice, Nov 13, 2011.

1. CoastalSnow&Ice

CoastalSnow&Ice Junior Member

Who is still working on equipment? i am finishing building a flat bed on my 98 GMC 2500 shoveler/back up plow truck. Anyone else? also taking delivery of a new 1.5 yard western poly spreader for my f350. pretty stoked!:redbounce
  2. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

On the 2007 Ram 2500:
    Painted Moldboard
    Replaced Cutting Edge
    Replaced a headlight (huge ice chunk the size of a basketball went up over the plow when I was pushing up into a pile and landed on top of the drivers plow headlight, shattering the housing. Was able to Gorilla Tape everything back together in the field. LOVE Gorilla Tape)
    Replaced Cable and Spring Kits
    Fluid Flush.
    Fixed broken connector on Fish Stick Controller
    Pads and Rotors on all four corners.
    Passenger side tie rod end.

Next is disassembling the SnowEx 1875 and grinding down all of the rust on the frame, and then I'm going to coat the whole thing with Raptor Liner.

2001 Chevy 2500:
    Heater core hose
    Fluid pickup tube and filter
    Fluid Flush
    New Hydraulic motor
    New truck side power harness
    New Cutting Edge

2000 Chevy 3500:
    SOLD that POS

2011 Ram 2500:
    Just picked her up on Monday so just working on finding a deal on a new plow setup and she'll be good to roll.
  3. J&J

J&J Junior Member

Working on having a Brand New Fisher Stainless Steel Plow installed....

I was going to add the ready lift leveling kit but since my new truck is under warranty i was told any alterations voids that nice shinny bumper to bumper ....

Having gone over to a gas engine and a from a ford to a Chevy... Not sure if i made the right decision yet..

Hope the stock suspension hold up without timbrens or sumo springs

New Whelen hide away strobe kit is on it way in the mail...

Will be adding the HID kit to the Snow plow lights next week...

also will be applying "chassie sealer" to the underside of the truck in the coming week .. (taking my time neat detailed)
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  4. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

...however it's pretty difficult to invoke the law and make them do right by you if they decide they don't want to.

Only a real jerk of a dealer will deny a claim for anything other than suspension by citing a leveling kit or Timbrens.
  5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Still working on my Ford Flatbed dump project. I have to sandblast, paint and then wire it. Hope to get it done very soon. Build up is in my sig.
  6. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

In the past month: 4 New U-Joints, Diff Fluid, Tranny Fluid & Filter,T-Case Fluid, Pitman Arm, Idler Arm, Brake Overhaul, Oil Cooler Lines, Intake Gaskets, Belt, Replaced Ground Straps, Upgraded Alternator Wiring, Plugs, Wires, Filters, Tires, Battery. Sold the MM1 & Waged war for insurance this year.

To do in the next week: Gussetting the frame and putting on a new Stainless X-Blade.
  7. J&J

J&J Junior Member

Deal says its ok to install :) says it actually helps the truck... and to go ahead, that they employ a company when readying the trucks with snow plow equipment ...

thanks for the direction BTW i asked them about it and it worked out ...
  8. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

anyone have a shop in CT experienced in the chevy gusset install,,,or could at least reccomend a good shop?
  9. J&J

J&J Junior Member

Try Mantz auto
    2113 Meriden Waterbury Tpke Southington, CT 06489
    (860) 276-1259

Ask for Dave.. hes the owner .. Hes putting a new fisher SS X blade plow on my 2500hd dec 1st....
  10. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Ya and turn around and bend over:cool:
  11. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

He's done the gussets???,,,,,or are you just talking talking about plow installs?
  12. J&J

J&J Junior Member

LOL.... Well... He's giving me the best price so far on a fisher 8' Stainless Steal X Blade with the cutting edge $5250 Installed...

Everyone else is $5400 or more...

I wouldn't chose having the timbrens installed being he told me $650... installed.. Thought that was high but what do i know...

(going ready lift) front and rear...
  13. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

have you tried bobcat of stratford?
    I just picked up a new plow from them last week. 8 ft ss xblade
  14. J&J

J&J Junior Member

What was the price installed?
  15. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

just under 4400 ,,,but that was the plowside only.
  16. J&J

J&J Junior Member

Thanks Chris, I'll Give them a call today ...
  17. J&J

J&J Junior Member

Ehhhh was worth the shot... Stainless Steel X blade installed, (which they do not have any) is $5500 installed and they will not beable to install one untill December 13th!! .. YIKES lol

Not that its going to snow anytime soon. BUT i definitely do not want to get caught with my pants down should the install get bumped being book so far out.
  18. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Getting truck side installed on the 1999 Dodge Ram next week then picking up a 810 for a back up too. Should be all set and ready to go after that.