1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT Seasonal contracts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hob0918, Sep 5, 2006.

1. hob0918

hob0918 Junior Member
    from CT

Been doing residential for a couple years now. I would like to offer a seasonal contract to some of my customers. Was wondering how many pushes you other guys in Central CT base your seasonal price on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

2. justric

justric Junior Member

Prices

Just starting out this year. I am in RI. Just wanted to know how you price your drive ways
    and small parking lots?:dizzy:

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

hob0918: season gets 20 storm average.
    justric: im to the point where i can look at the account and come up with a price. and 99.99% of the time im right on the money with guys who actually measure sq ft and junk

4. go plow

go plow Senior Member

im with BOSS on this one, i would find out the specs first... every job is diff... i would start with the 20 pushes, if they want you there every two inches add more events make it 25 or 28 or usually i go with 25 and i add a line in my contract that states any event(or plowng ) after the 25 events will be charged per plowing at $xxx.xx +tax dont forget to add for your sanding if your going to... most places that are contracted try to get the most out of you... they like to see you there all the time, get their moneys worth so to speak!!!

5. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

what part of CT are you guys from???? I don't think we get that many down in the SE corner. Just curious.

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i always just charge per storm, i do my usual like 50 per driveway, and if i have to come back again i charge time and a half.

7. go plow

go plow Senior Member

im in the litchfield hills, plowing per push is what i perfer also, most people think that your truck is a track loader, once you tell them that you need to make several pushes in a 14'' storm , i always get cant you wait till the end of the storm? like im going to push 14'' of snow for $40.00 LOL LOL

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Central CT, rocky hill.
    I only have 1 seasonal contract. Per push is the way i like it. For the blizzard last year i made 2 visits and everyone asked "why are you here so early? does this mean you arent coming back?"

9. go plow

go plow Senior Member

what most people think of is plowable events, mostly over 3 inches, but if you count all the little storms that most people wouldnt put the plow on the truck for, but when you have a seasonal comm.. contract, you have to be there, if its not for plowing its for sanding, or just cleaning off the walks...

10. Jean

Jean Junior Member

Snow School

I am laughing along with you, this is the same question that drives my bf insane, but chances are that the client in question is not obnoxious, stupid or cheap...What you have here is an uneducated client...someone who has never plowed...they honestly don't know that 14" of snow is too heavy to plow with anything other than a track loader. While this fact is glaringly obvious to you and that gets you exasperated with them, instead of writing them of as "no-way" try a 30 sec patient explaination of why snow has to be plowed at certain inch interval...and then if you are lucky they'll tell two friends ...and so on and so on....The good news is that ignorance is curable.