1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT Salt supply limited

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by fireside, Jan 20, 2009.

1. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I was told today by are DPW forman salt has been limited to 100 tons per day for the towns and max of 15 tons per day for private contractors. I will find out wed morning as for i have no salt or sand mix left after plowing the last 3 days. We had 5 events in the last 8 days! So everybody needs product salt piles are still very large at the terminal so time will tell. I hope to get 40 ton wed!

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I saw a couple state dot trucks spreading sand again instead of just salt i thought that was very odd.

3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I saw state truck spreading a mix this weekend also. Some towns that were using salt only have gone back to a mix also. Money has become very tight around here this is the most snow we have had in the last 5 years. Towns are running way over budget for snow. So we will see what happens but i plan on getting as much as i can the way things are going we will need it.