1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT, MA, RI, Southern New England 2012 - 2013...

Discussion in 'Weather' started by plowmaster07, Aug 2, 2012.

1. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

Hey all! Figured I'd get the new weather thread started early this year... So let's see some new pictures of any new rigs or modifications you've done! Let's start doing the snow dance now for a good payup making year!

2. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

Hey guys hope everybodys summer is going well

3. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Just getting the last of last years checks and it didn't't't"t even snow last year,

Subscribed

4. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Hey everyone hope summer is going well cant wait for snow to start flying.

5. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

I'm still chasing money from last season myself, people are strugglers!

6. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I am hoping for a big winter so I can try out my 9.5 Extreme V

7. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I took off my wooden racks, got a Back Rack, and mounted my Falcon to it, getting some more stuff later, hopefully my partner gets his truck ready!

8. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Got something in the works, if it doesn't play out, will still have the k3500 on the road. Anybody looking for Subs let me know.

9. fireside

fireside Senior Member

On the bright side it's only 18 more weeks into the snowfalls i hope

10. fireside

fireside Senior Member

chris i may have something for you if it all works out. I'm going down one truck this year and adding a tractor.

11. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

People keep buying new stuff it will never snow!

12. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Not trying to jinx us but I can only hope they are right....then again they said the same thing last year. :realmad:

195874_517880691561580_1802736964_n.jpg

13. KartAnimal29

KartAnimal29 PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ct.

The main thing we have to be on the outlook for is the -NAO, which we never got last season. I have seen a few reports so far from a few of the bigger weather guys saying this Winter will be slightly above normal. I guess we will have to wait and see. I can't wait to see what Piers Corbyn has to say about this season.

14. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

After a horrible winter with NO snow on the Cape we'll all be ready. I managed to have a little luck though. I found a guy here who traded my 8' Fisher Storm Guard for his 9' Storm Guard which was like brand new! He said it was too big for his driveway accounts. I plow commercially with my truck so I think it will be perfect at the shopping mall I plow. Hope you guys are having a decent summer!

15. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

You got the New England weather thread started for 2012-2013 dont you think it should say that in the title ?

16. mjlawncare

mjlawncare Senior Member

i have a 8.6 fisher strait blade forsale pushmounts wiring pm me if intrested

17. KartAnimal29

KartAnimal29 PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ct.

This is from one of the guys I follow. Seems there are a few people saying the same thing right now ; I'm expecting a colder and snowier winter then normal across the eastern seaboard this winter. The southeast ridge will stay suppressed and troughs will dominate the region in the winter time. After last years disappointment we have good reason to get more excited this year if you live in the northeast,ohio valley, great lakes and southeast. If you live in the pacific northwest more pleasant conditions will be welcomed as the -PDO effect takes a break. A split flow will develop this winter allowing for phasing to take place along the east coast(where very warm water is found). This winter I believe the NAO and QBO are going to be huge factors when it comes to the storm track. Maine will receive a brake this winter as the maritime effect takes over and blocking sets in. This winter will not be a traditional el nino winter after following two la nina winters.

18. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

Hope everyones making some money this summer. havent been on here in a while but the last few days ive been starting to think about snow. starting to get the itch. i think no matter what happens this year its safe to say it wont be any worse than last winter

19. AlliedMike

AlliedMike Senior Member

Hell hope all you guys had a great summer from what i have heard from Mark Dixon and Bruce from channel 3 we are gnona be having a rough winter so buckle down and hang on

20. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

i have a fisher sander and the bottom section and floor a rotted to hell. the hoper is in decent condition. Has anyone ever rebuilt one of these?? im trying to figure out if its worth it or should i just pick up a new sander