1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT Looking at significant snow!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Dakota2004, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Big snow coming boys, I can't wait!!!

payup :drinkup: :drinkup: payup

2. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

I dont know there starting to talk more rain

3. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

At this point I'll believe it when I see it. I've heard reports from a foot to a couple inches to a mix of sleet and rain. Of course they put in the, "if it goes to the north of us, if it goes to the south of us". They predicted everything from a foot of snow to rain so they can't be wrong no matter what.

4. KHB

KHB Member

Not sure what to think yet. :dizzy:

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

seems like they are all trending to more sleet and rain but we should get enough to plow

6. KHB

KHB Member

I just saw channel 8 news.lol. They said for my area 7" of snow by 6am then it starts to turn to sleet/ freezing rain. Then back to snow.. i guess we'll see what happens ;)

7. lucky13rme

lucky13rme Member

Yup saw that too, said 8-9 for middletown by the time its all done. I'm a little skepitcal of those totals.

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

just looked they said 5-8 for me, hopefully.......

9. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

:bluebounc purplebou :redbounce 7/14 herepayup

10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

ill take the 8 inches but the rain and sleet on top will make for some nice cement snow.

11. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Anything doing in the rest of CT:dizzy:

12. NCass31

NCass31 Member

i'm in somers, can't see anything new besides a dusting, i'm going out to have a look at the accounts, maybe get some salting done

13. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

sleeting in Shelton ! WTF where is the snow got nothing on the ground, just a nice coating of ice.

14. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

freezing rain at the moment

15. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

this sucks

Well so far it doesnt look like much at all were im at in Somers, i havent yet gone out but the town plow just went buy and it didnt look liek he was pushing much i think well be lucky to see 6"

16. lucky13rme

lucky13rme Member

Nothing here except a dusting on the road, not even enought to coat the grass.

17. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Got a salt run in... i was really hoping we could get atleast a plowing out of it. This winter sucks im looking forward to spring

18. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

this winter def blows, about 1/4 to eight and i only see sleet, dont understand its 14 deg outside y isnt it snowing:realmad:

19. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Just got back from Southbury 1/2 inch this blows what happen from 5-9 inch of Snow.

20. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Well as I posted a couple days ago, I'll believe it when I see it. They weather guys blew it again. We have nothing but some sleet here. Up to the last minute on the news last night depending on what channel you were watching, they said anywhere from 2 to 4 to 7 to 9. We have a half inch of sleet at this point.