1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by FIREMAN Q, Sep 21, 2005.

1. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I was just wondering which companies the Connecticut guys are using for insurance. I am searching around and think i found a good company. My GI is only 690 for landscaping, home improvement w/ incidental plowing...So far this company has blown everyone else out of the water...It is Burnes Agency in the New London County area...

I'm just curious if I could get a better rate.

:drinkup:

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

can you PM me there # thanks Tony

3. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

I'm looking around in the ct area for landscape liability and plowing as well.....could you post their # or web address...

thanks

4. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

Byrnes Agency Inc
    108 Sachem St, Norwich, CT 06360
    (860) 886-5498

Ask for Regina

5. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

I just contacted the agency via e-mail real quick and spoke to mark.....they really do blow everyone out of the water. I've been getting quotes for 1,800 dollars or more a year for liability business insurance for my landscaping and snowplowing operations......he gave me a quote of around 600 for the year and i would get Contractors Liability $500,000 per occurrence $1,000,000 aggregate while all the others were only offering 300,000 occurencce, 600,000 aggregate for that 1,800. This is a for no employees by the way but even if you add an employee or two it'll be mutch lower than all the rest.....i wonder why???? any ideas????

Bryant

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

It may be a difference in the deductible.

7. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Or in the exclusions. Make sure the policy covers your realm of operations. Some policies will not cover residential, some will not cover commercial, some say no public roads, or any combination of. Just make sure.