1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT guys

Discussion in 'Weather' started by vis, Feb 26, 2006.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

Did Any portion of CT get any snow at all today? (Sat)??

Next huge embarrasing bad weather call will come thurs with the threat of snow inland and snow/rain on the shore....

Time will tell haha....might be sweeping by mid march!!!!

2. cha-chas plowin

cha-chas plowin Member

will thay ever be right

i hear you was already to go and then nothing:angry:

3. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

its going to be in the 40s by by wed

4. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

good a heavy rain will wash away some of the sandddd

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Spring clean-ups the 2nd week of March maybe?? :cool: They're kidding themselves if they actually predict accumulation for this thursday. Bob Maxon this morning said "possibly a few light inches thursday morning" . . . c'mon dude we're not falling for that again.

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Good read

The Current Pattern: Good Snowfall Potential

http://www5.wright-weather.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50390

Quoted

Conclusion:
    Per historical snowfall data and the ENSO region anomalies/MEI, I believe March 2006 will feature above normal snowfall from Washington, DC (DCA) to Boston and perhaps into the Ohio Valley. Philadelphia/NYC to Boston might have the largest departures from normal. One can get there without a KU snowstorm e.g., March 1967. More details on the March’s snowfall potential will be provided in my March 1-15 pattern discussion tomorrow.

Given the moderate block that is likely to be retrograding slowly toward the Hudson Bay, the March 1-10 period could feature one or more snow events. While odds favor more moderate events than a full-fledged KU storm, the synoptic situation seems to be evolving somewhat more toward something along the lines of the February 1969 system discussed above. Hence, such a storm should not be ruled out. A possible timeframe for such an event would be the March 6-8 period.

7. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

yea yea they talk about snow storms thats good but what they dont talk about is the temp and it cant snow if its 40 to 50 deg. so iam not saying the storms wont come they will just be rain like we have been getting

8. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

What station are you watching?They said high of 35 on weds and high of 32 for thursday with snow and sleet.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  9. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

i am not watching any station if you read the jt5019 post you would know it states up to the 15 of march thats what i am talking about .and they are only talking about a inch thurs big deal. and the nat. weather service is saying 38 wed 37 thurs not 32 . and when its 37 its raining

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  10. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

guys iam a snow love but how many times are the weathermen wrong how many time are you going to get hyped to be let down . go with the flow

11. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

its now monday...these guys say wintry mix for thursday...... then for NEXT MONDAY they say maybe a big storm...give me a break 7 days in advance....they havent even pegged thrus down yet.....

when will this winter be overrrrr

12. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Hopefully soon!

13. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

two weeks to spring :D

14. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

even though i want to get back out working...i know that there will be a few more little storms and will delay me to the end of march.... i expect it will be dry enough by apr1-5th

15. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

here comes one of those "little" storms that ends outdoor work for a week or so....2-5'' CT higher amounts in the east/north... looks sloppy for western CT/shore......bah....just when i thought i was out...they pull me back in..:rolleyes:

16. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

this snow is welcome by me the more the better. it will help pay for some mods on the truck

17. PLANET

PLANET Member

ONLY 1 Plow in Feb. here:nod:

18. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Lets get ready CT shoreline. 3-6 inches on the shoreline with lesser amounts in northern CT.

19. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

What the... I heard totally opposite of that. Anyways the snow isnt coming at the best time either-daybreak through evening rush hour. No fun trying to work around all the pyschos.

20. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

4-7 in central and se ct 1-3 northern ct along the mass border and 6-9 in sw ct looks like central and southern ct is gonna be having fun making the payup