1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT. Guys? When you taking you sander out?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Maleko, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Hate to say it but, is it that time yet to remove the sander?

if or when will you do it?
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Most of ours been out and cleaned for a couple weeks. Easy enought to lift them back in. We will keep one in till around the first of April, just in case we get a freeze up. It has snowed into April before.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i personally dont have a sander but im still seeing a bunch of trucks around town with them still in
  4. snobgone

snobgone Senior Member
    from CT

Started this week with a few of the smaller ones. The forecast is looking pretty good. Just trying to figure out what to do with all that leftover salt! Figure we had to have one more coming.
  5. mjlawncare

mjlawncare Senior Member

next week i think its over
  6. G&G Maintenance

G&G Maintenance Junior Member

took it out last week
  7. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

i took them all of the hook lifts but left the small one on my truck... Just in case
    But i think we are done....How much salt do you have left over snobgone? We can take it and store it over the summer in our shed if you want ...
  8. snobgone

snobgone Senior Member
    from CT

I will have to look tomorrow but has to be 150 tons or so. Appreciate it but if we have to tie up a house with it we can. Just inconvenient. Thanks for asking. If you want to stock up for next year let me know!!
  9. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

we are ganna have about the same left over...It sucks i might just call and fill the bin up and close everything so we will be stocked up for a couple events next year..
  10. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

By the end of next week they will be all off
  11. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Some places will buy it back if it is clean and dry. You lose some money but its out of your yard and you get some money back.

I was lucky this year. I have less then a yard. We were going to order in mid-Feb but we didn't. The last storm on 2-23 we just went to the supplier and loaded the v-boxes. We have about a yard or so left. It might get used if we have more snow, otherwise I will just push it into the corner and box it in with some planks.