1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT guys-new Boss dealer

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 06HD BOSS, Jan 22, 2006.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Im sure a few of you might've heard of Patriot Truck Equipment in Middlefield, they used to be a centrally located Boss dealer. Anyways they went out of business a little less than a year ago and a new Boss dealer popped up in Middletown. Newfield Street where all the car dealerships are, there's a Mitsubishi Fuso dealer-Jukonski Trucks Sales. They are an offical Boss dealer now, his lot is loaded with like 100plows! Just putting that out there incase anyone wants a new plow & if he offers good deals at the end of the season;) maybe:confused:

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Patriot Truck Equipment used to be behind the Mitsubishi Fuso dealer on Newfield Street then they moved to middlefield and shortly after suddenly closed up shop. Is it the actual Fuso dealer that is now the Boss dealer? its good to have them back in Middletown i live about 2 mins away

3. 06HD BOSS

Im assuming its the Fuso dealer because there were "Boss Dealer" banners outside of it a few days ago. But what is kinda weird was that today on the way home i swung by just for the hell of it...no signs, no plows...hmmmmmm
    Hey JT5019, do you know the story behind Patriot closing

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Nope.... its kinda weird Patriot is where i used to take my plow for service.One day poof the place was empty..they closed up shop.. They had a few Bedliners and a Dump insert that they just left in the parking lot for a few months. Whatever happend they left in a hurry.

5. 06HD BOSS

..haha im sure its not good to have the word go around, but i guess it doesnt matter since theyre no longer around. Anyways from what i heard the story went something like this: there was a guy who got a brand new Ford and brought it down there to get a plow setup, blah blah blah he was driving on the highway one day and the plow frame(plow attatched) fell of the truck which in turn caused him to run it over and total his truck and get really injured. My girlfriend's father also got a plow from them a couple months before they went out of business and to make a long story short he brought the truck in for an oil change and the mechanic noticed the bolts that hold the plow frame to the truck frame were 50% gone and the ones that were there, you could unscrew with your fingers. Lucky f'in thing the mechanic noticed that or Patriot could have a double problem on their plate. Anyways my girlfriends father brought the truck right away to Patriot and the owner was like "oh sorry i think what happened was the installer got half way through, went to lunch and forgot where he left off." But the little birdies tell me that the guy with the Ford is what put them outta business. I also know of one other guy would had the same loose/missing bolt issue from them...its not like this was a 1 time accident.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

They installed my fisher plow for me there last winter no problems as of yet but im checking all my bolts again! :)

7. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

now son do it now lol we are going to have to check that place out i hope its true we could use them 5 min from the house .

8. 06HD BOSS

Unfortunatley i dont think theyre selling plows anymore..:confused: Maybe im wrong, i dunno. But when i saw their signs and huge stock of plows in the rear i was happy, then i drove by a few days later and there is nothing. They had a few of those cab-over Mitsu's hooked up with some V-blades too, now nothing. Kinda weird...

9. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

well how strange this post is when i was on duty we had a medical call their the other night . i asked the guys about the boss plows and the guy showed me a stack of plows in boxes they install and service them but he said they were not a dealer :dizzy: