1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT guys funny question....help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kj330, Jan 27, 2010.

1. kj330

kj330 Member

Ok this is what i am looking for. I need someone with a plasma cutter. In CT near the Tolland Vernon area.I need to cut 2-3 inches of my 2 new HD fisher plows. They just dont scrape worth a dam. And i dont do the whole plow for a seaon and then put an edge on it. I AM NOT HERE TO BASH FISHER OR HEAR YOU SHOULD OF BOUGHT ANOTHER BRAND.......I love these plows. This is just a strange thing they do..I had it done two years ago, for 50.00 , but the guy sold his machines

2. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

what are you going to do just cut it so the angle is different? and hope it scrapes better

3. kj330

kj330 Member

No. When you buy this plow Fisher says dont install a cutting edge for a season or two. You need to wear off 2-3 inches of the factory trip edge. Then you bolt a cutting edge on it. The difference is amazing i have done it to 4 different HD plows over the years. After you cut that meat off the bottom, and bolt the cutting edge on. Only the cutting edge is touching the ground and they scrape 100% better.

4. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Why wouldnt DD make it the right way in the first place??:dizzy:

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

You could get an 8" edge; think places in Mass. have them.

6. kj330

kj330 Member

i tried 8" edge a couple years ago and it trips way to easy..