1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT flurry = 2 1/2"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 99SDPSD, Nov 29, 2002.

1. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

The weather guessers called this flurry right ends up being 2 1/2" storm. If the CT. weathers folks could only get it right. The flurry started around 12:30pm and lasted to about 5pm here. How much did the rest of you guys get?
    Does anybody besides myself use the accuweather.com site? They have the guy Joe Bastardi there he is the only weather guesser that i really listen to. Watch is winter weather outlook video.

2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

99SDPSD - I don't think accuweather is all that accurate! On tuesday of this week, we got 2" to 3" of snow. Accuweather had listed my area as getting a trace. The weather channel and NOAA websites had good accurate information!

Accuweather has been way off so far, I will see if they get better as the year progresses.

CGB

3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I have come to the conclusion that accuweather S**** for my area. Its 3:30am, and its snowing pretty hard! There is a huge band of snow showing on the radar, but accuweather's detailed local forcast is calling for partly cloudy skies, with no snow in the forcast.

I don't know whats up with this weather company! Maybee they can hire me to give them accurate updates, because who ever is covering my area must be asleep at the wheel!

CGB

4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

99SD, you are so right we came in on Friday to touch up some accounts worked from 8am till noon or so, sent all workers home and it started snowing, so I thought it was just a quick snow shower, while by 8pm we had over 3" on the ground and had to plow almost every account. Finished up around 4am cause one driver went away for the weekend, and also short one shoveler. Oh well looks like we will get a few days off now, Just My two cents

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Accuweather sucks:realmad: thats all there is to it,they give you this BS 15 day extended forecast,yeah right,whatever,they cant tell me what happened yesterday much less 2 weeks from now!For the past 2 months they showed extremely cold temps in there ext. forecast and for 2 months they were dead wrong,the part that really pissed me was they would always throw in 1 day they called "very snowy"guess what, no snow.I know you cant be 100% sure all the time but get it within 10 degress and a couple inches!