1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT Comm. Auto Rates???

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Chrisxl64, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

CT Guys......

Was talking with my insurance broker today,,,,and is it me or have Comm. Auto Rates for Plowing gone through the roof?

Looking to get some ideas of ballpark what guys are paying, guys that do SNOW ONLY, because that is what I am hearing, PROGRESSIVE has been the only carrier that is willing to insure a "monoline" (1 line of work) plowing policy. Independant agent tried 7 others and none of them write monoline. Just someone who landscapes and as a "Supplemental" line of work, plows their clients, where the principal risk relies on the landscaping.

Anyone have any ballpark numbers and anyone else besides progressive that has written them policies, and that also includes Farm Family, they will write a GL but not a 1,000,000 auto policy. Anything?

2. Shamrock80

Shamrock80 Junior Member

I got a quote from Progressive they are really high, I'm not in CT but see if you can get ERIE they seem to be the best for what you're looking for

3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Chris pm sent letme know if it helps. You know were to find me

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Erie is what I have ,but it is spread over the landscaping season.

5. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Replied. After 3 weeks of hunting through over 15 companies. Finally found something close to what I was paying. Progressive can go screw.

6. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

All snow insurance went way up this year do to the beaten they took last year

7. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i have travelers. i have 1mil liability on vehical ins. also have Commercial GL policy with them for 2.5mil. get all that for 2800 a year which i think is rediculous but in the grand sceme of things really isnt that bad. all Vehicals are registered in CT Dont KNow If That Helps