1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT blizzard..few pics/videos

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by dcff, Feb 15, 2013.

1. dcff

dcff Junior Member

Heres where the storm started..was responding to a car accident..i arrived on scene, put the truck in park and heres where it ended up 100 feet from where i stopped.

nemo1.jpg

nemo1.jpg

2. dcff

dcff Junior Member

nemo2.jpg

ended up snapping the ubolts and destroying a rim..discovered the damage 6 hours later when the truck started crab walking

nemo2.jpg

3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

DPW help get it out or was it on your dime? My guy's would never pay out of there pocket on a call if that happened. Dept cover the damage or your insurance

4. dcff

dcff Junior Member

Its a dpw truck so a few yanks with a loaded 9ton and she was out. She didnt even get to see the big snow, parked it around 8pm friday night.

I have two good videos opening up that morning, 30+ inches with a 2009 freightliner, cannot seem to get it to upload

5. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

Did you guys have to chain up the Freightshaka ?

6. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

So did you just not put it in park?? did it slide on ice?? Or what caused it to end up there.

7. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

My first thought was sliding on ice but the photos show dually tread prints in the snow, not skid trails.

8. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah Im thinking it was in R not Park.... I did that during the storm lucky I was still halfway in the truck when it started rolling back. Though I was going to take the door off when it was plowing throw the snow bank. lol