1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT..anyone out?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by NCass31, Jan 22, 2007.

1. NCass31

NCass31 Member

I'm in Somers, theres a hair under an inch the last time i checked..any word or thought as to how much we will get? haven't put the plow on, don't wan tto jinx it... anyone going out tonight?

2. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

i'm about to head out to hit the commercials here in central mass, this will be the second push since friday....

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

nothing here in SW CT, Just over a dusting, but our town was out salting again.

4. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Just a dusting nothing more than that:cry:

5. lucky13rme

lucky13rme Member

Got about an 1/2 inch here, the town crews were out, even put a blade to it.

6. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Dusting here and nothing in the long term forecast. Plow goes in the garage today.

7. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

We went out last night for salting and deicing our commercial accounts, and then again this morning. Walkways were done with back pack blowers this morning. This was the first event of the year where we could service all of the accounts.

I did actually see some people plowing commercial accounts.....I think they are going to have some unhappy customers who feel they got over charged.:nono:

8. Scottish Lscape

Scottish Lscape Member

.5" on the coast. Backpack Blowers to commercial walkways & calcium/sand early this morning. It looks like Thursdays chance is all done as well. Gone out 1x this year, for Commercial accounts. Not making any extra $$$ on residential accounts, but saving on fuel overall. It keeps up like this & I'm going start doing spring clean-up and mulching.

9. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I was thinking this morning that I am grateful that all my snow equipment and trucks are paid for right now. I am a skid steer payment but we have been able to work that for most of the winter so far. So even though I am not making extra from plowing at least I am not like a lot of others. I have noticed a lot more 1-2 year old plow trucks for sale around here.

10. NCass31

NCass31 Member

Making payments on both...it sucks and money is more than tight, but i would never sell. in fact i thought about buying a spreader the other day. that might be a wise choice, i think thats where the money might be this year.

11. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I did the Same Exact thing...Back packs work nice when the wind is not blowing the snow back in your face!

12. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Once again...no snow here in NJ...what a surprise!:realmad: :cry: ! There's no snow to speak of in the forecast...hope we get some snow soon, not just 1/2" dusting we got last week :dizzy: !

13. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

we got about a half inch salted all my commerical accounts plus sidewalks.

14. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Ive come to realize and accept its not gonna snow at all this year. Whatever...after complaining last year about our terrible season....looking back at it seems like a dream. By this time last year we already had 38" and this year have 1".

15. Stark_Enterprises

That is Simply Unbelivable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL at the Hoe depot

16. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'm with you, man. We still haven't gotten 1" of snow in one 24 hour period yet this winter. I think our total accumulation record is at around 1.3 inches or so. I didn't let it bother me for the first several weeks of the season, but now it has just gotten ridiculous. I can't expect to even come close to breaking even this season.

17. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

It doesn't matter what happens the rest of the Winter it is a big lost compare with last Year.

18. Stark_Enterprises

And Last year wasn't really anything to write home about either.

19. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

It's funny how at this time last year, I was saying "This sux, no snow, but at least we know there's no way next year can be half as bad". Yeah, right. :rolleyes: