1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CT 1/12/11 storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 06HD BOSS, Jan 15, 2011.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Just a few pics from the storm we got nailed with on wednesday. We got 29" of snow within 14 hours. At some points we were getting 3" per/hr and couldnt see the next telephone pole down the road, so for safety we had to sit out a couple hours.
    I know people are gonna ask about the loader, so we made a custom box put on the loader arms in reverse to pull out driveways and theres also a moldboard facing forward to push & stack the snow across the street or in cul-de-sacs. This is used in a 55+ community and is probably the most useful thing i have ever designed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 06HD BOSS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 06HD BOSS

These pics show the snow up to the window of the truck, this is after cutting through 1 pass with the Vblade. Thank god for those tall wings on the boss :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Nice pix 06 :waving:

5. 06HD BOSS

couple after the storm. Pile stacked up into the dogwood. Also check out the street sign on the last pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

glad to see you made it out fine dave, it was a hell of a storm.

7. 06HD BOSS

Ya man, i dont wanna see one like this for another 100yrs

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

lol no kidding man, im still having nightmares thinking about it.

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

id rather have had this amount of snow spread over 3 or 4 storms...nice pics by the way

10. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

where's the 011? Nice job on the back drag blade for the deere.

11. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Nice pics, that tractor is sweet!

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great pics dave...glad to see you made it......it was nice hearing from you the other day....prob a bit more relax now......how did enzo end up?

Ben glad to hear you made it also....those storms suck

13. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics, that v xt looks nice on that dump. you not plowing with the 11 350?

14. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice pics, that storm set a record of the most snow that fell in a 24 hr time period in ct. i hope i never see another one too.

15. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

thats a nice storm, just about an hour northwest of me is a town called redfield ny located on tughill, back in 2007 they received 146" of snow in a one week period unofficially setting a record. the 24 hr snowfall record was set in 97 in the town of montague near redfield, they got 77" in a 24 hr period there, that would be one hell of a storm!

heres a link to some news stories/blogs http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread266640/pg1

16. 06HD BOSS

Thanks guys. The '11 sits as a backup, dont wanna push with it unless i absolutely have to. Knock on wood, so far i havent needed it.
    And i will say, i will never buy another straight blade after pushing the last 4 storms with this thing!

17. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

what size John deere do you have?

18. 06HD BOSS

Its a deere 4310

19. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

06' HD Boss, that is a pretty slick plow set up on the deere. Kudo's.

As for the storm I will take one every year. That was great. Ya it was tough but it could have been waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy worse. Like some sleet and rain mixed in.

20. snocrete

snocrete Banned

WOW! You guys really got hit! Awesome Pics! And a big thumbs up on the innovative attachment for the tractor....looks like an efficient tool for driveways.