1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cross Your Fingers - New Water Pump and Radiator

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 2004chevy2500hd, May 13, 2011.

1. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

Wow - All in all, not too bad. Just replaced my water pump and radiator on my 04 2500HD - Not a mechanic by trade, but definitely mechanically inclined. Purchased all parts at Napa and everything "worked". Was worried about removing the tranny connections on the radiator, but had no problems - thanks to some vice grips. Put everything back together - (accoding to Haynes) and let run for a while - check for leaks and added necessary fluids.

Wow :mechanic:

The only thing that would have made this easier was the two-prong spanner wrench to remove the fan clutch assembly from the water pump - (again, thanks to vice grips - I was able to remove the fan clutch and put onto the new water pump w/o incident)

Read a bunch of threads on this - on Plowsite and felt confident

Thanks guys!