1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cross over valve

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Reliable Snow and Ice, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

this is an E47 now i want to change the cross over valve and cant get the cone out of the housing/block and ideas on how to get it out???

2. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

I have used a cut down 90 degree pick to hook the inside and pull alternately(yesterday in fact) I have used a long 1/4 20 bolt ground down enough to fit inside the piece then **** the bolt side ways and pull repeatedly with vise grips in different directions till its free.
    You are fighting 2 o ring so it takes a good fight sometimes.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you can also use an easy out, or broken stud extractor. just tap it in and pull it out.

4. Reliable Snow and Ice

ok well it all came apart and went back together very nicely too...

thanks for the inputwesport

5. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

So How did you do it?

6. Reliable Snow and Ice

i found a screw just a bit bigger then the hole in the cone screwed it in and pulled it out with vice grip's