1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Critique my website

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by OldSchoolPSD, Jul 28, 2013.

1. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

Well fella I built a website this afternoon. Snow removal is a very small part of what I do, but I figured I would ask for some opinions anyways as I am sure a lot of guys here use websites as part of their marketing.

www.beckswelding.net let me know what you think! wesport

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

I like it. Did you make it yourself? Seems clean simple and to the point. One thing to make it better would be to add a gallery of all your work.

3. OldSchoolPSD

Yeah I'm going to work on that. I generally dont take pictures of stuff I build. All those pictures are just random stuff I had saved on my iphone.

I used the intuit software. It was really easy.

4. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Gonna have to look into that looks professional imo.

5. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I think it looks very good, maybe add some before and after pictures of things you build/weld/install. Is there a program or a company that you built the website through?

6. OldSchoolPSD

Intuit... Same company that makes quickbooks

7. Nick417

Nick417 Junior Member

Response

You may want it to have more color and also try to get a logo or such. The colors need to catch an eye. Other than that its decent.

8. ThePlowMan

ThePlowMan Junior Member
    from Texas

very good

Very good website, it amazing what can be done now without using a web designer. Some of them are pretty bad.

Now what you need for for being online is internet marketer the good ones are expensive. The cheap ones can get your website banned from Google. But if you got time then you can do it yourself, and you learn enough about it to ask the right question to find a good priced internet marketing guy that will do a good job. I found it best not to beat them down on the price they just cut the services they will offer you.

But since winter is coming I would add a section about snow removal I would leave it up during the summer. But just make the link less obvious.

9. OldSchoolPSD

I've already got all the snow removal work I can handle. I had the snow removal page up for about 2 weeks and got 5 calls. I had to take it down because we are booked up for this season.