1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Crew Cabbers...? for you

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

How many of you have a D/A combo? What blade are you running? (yes, I know GM doesn't reccomend this). How does the truck handle the weight?

Gas jobbers, I think the crew cab short beds are a little longer than a ext. cab short bed. How is your turning radius? Do you have problems with doing residentials???

Thanks,
    BL

2. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

The CC is about 9 inches longer than an ECSB, which is what I had. I thought it would be a hassle in residentials, but I have gotten used to it and don't even notice the length anymore.

I look at it this way: I need the crew cab a lot more times than I need the plow so it has worked out for me.

Only thing I wish I did was to get at least an 8 ft blade rather than the 7.5 I have now.:cry:

3. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

I really wanted the crew cab. But after driving both I went with the EC.Big difference in turn radius. Have res. areas to do and still need to get the family in. If your looking at D/A combo Id consider the EC to keep the warranty issue.Still good for resale with D/A package.

Chris

4. BL,

I love mine. I do about a dozen residentials. As previously stated, I need the CC many more times a year than the plow. You only notice the length in the tight driveways. The key for me is the 8.5 foot Fisher. I had a 7.5 and modified it like my signature says and it makes all the difference when turning and plowing. I've already offered my opinion on the DA in your other thread. Happy shopping!

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Hey, where did you put your roof light? on the ribbed part, or towards the front where its flat? Have any pics?

6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I got 'em all. EC RC. The CC is not a big deal; only occasionally gets in the way. Gotta haul the kids around so it was well worth it.

7. Jeff,
    Mine is on the ribbed part of the roof near the back. I used the Whelen magnetic mount kit and covered the magnets with one layer of duct tape so it wouldn't scratch the paint. I have a quick disconnect on the wire for removal in the off season.

8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'd get one with a plow. Who wants to do residentials anyway?