1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

crew cab vs. extended cab for plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bchlawns, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

Pros
    I have a 2002 chevy 1500 ext cab and love it. I need some more room. I am ordering a new 2005 chevy 2500HD in a few weeks. I will be using this truck strictly for personal use and plowing. I want to get some opinions if a crew cab will make ne difference in plowing vs. and extended cab. I cant get a reg cab nowhere near enough room for me nor what i need it for. I am getting the small bed 6.5'. Any opinions on this would be appreciated. Will be plowing commercial and residential.
    Thanks
    Bchlawns

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I have an ext cab which is fine but a full size four door even with a 6.5 bed is real tight in driveways that should be used in comm setting a ext cab truck with a 6.5 isnt bad i can do my res drives with no problem

3. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

Does Chevy offer the snowplow prep on the crew cab?
    Last time i was on the chevy site they didnt offer it.
    Just something to look into

4. PLOWMAN45

i dont think so dont they have a hd crew cab 1500

5. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

yes chevy offerrs the plow prep in the 2500 HD crew. i speced one out today in a crew cab and u can get a snow plow prep.

6. PLOWMAN45

yeah and a 1500 crew hd

7. bstockton

bstockton Junior Member

2003 1500HD

I saw your thread and wanted you to know that I have a 2003 1500HD with 6.0L Gas for sale. $28,000. 23,000 Miles. I bought it new and am going to buy a 2005 model. The 1500HD is the same set up as the 2500 only one less spring in the rear. Has most all the bells and whistles, always garaged, sprayed in liner. Give me a call or email me if you are interested. I'm in Joplin, MO and can deliver. I'm not a dealer. Bruce Stockton, bstockton@cox-internet.com 417-673-8605.

8. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks man for the offer, I get the GM discount so i really cant beat the deal. Thanks neways. What size plow do u have on your 1500HD. Is there that much difference in power and extras in the 1500 HD and 2500 HD?
    Thanks
    Bchlawns

9. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

Who prefers an extended cab or a crew cab and a crew cab or an extended cab. I am ordering my 2005 Chev 2500 HD tomarrow and i still havent decided on what to go with. There is about a 1900 dollar difference between them.
    Thanks for opinions
    Bchlawns

10. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

tough question. For plowing, I would say Ext Cab. At least you can pick a diesel engine if you want to. If you have kids, the crew cab will be better. The only hold up is that if you plow with it, you will only be limited to the 6.0 gas engine. I have an Ext cab with the 6.0 gas and a plow and it works great. My only gripe is that I have three kids and the ext cab is a little tight.

11. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

thanks yeh i dont have ne kids and dont plan on having any anytime here in the near or far future. lol. Yeh i am actually going to order my new truck now. I was up late last night trying to decide and i decided on the ext. cab truck. Thanks for your opinion
    Bchlawns

12. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for all the opinions i got, i just ordered a 2005 chevy 2500 HD 6.0L V8 extended cab gas today about an hour ago so i am all squared away.
    Thanks
    Bchlawns

13. DJC

DJC Senior Member

to bad it dosen't have a Deisel in it !!!! I would never go back to a gas