1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Credit card security

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by grandview, Mar 11, 2010.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For those that do credit cards and do auto billing for plowing what security are you doing to protect the customers numbers?

2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

GV, can you PM me your VISA card # ......I have some purchases to put on there!

Thanks. :waving:

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I gave your wife the number to pay for the hitman on you and her plane tix to me.

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

:laughing:

5. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Wow I didnt see that on a coming

6. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I store the card numbers in Quickbooks and then just enter them in my virtual merchant when its time to run them. Seems secure enough for me so far.

7. PrecisionSnow

PrecisionSnow Member

My understanding is that it is all bad news....if your computer ever goes online and you have clients' credit cards numbers stored then you are responsible. This is partially why PayPay etc. are so popular....they take the risk. My software won't touch credit card numbers - a possible legal nightmare.

8. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

I think using Pay Pal opens up a whole new bunch of issues , if you google for all the No Pay Pal horror stories out there , and Not just on Fee-Bay . Six months after the sale , they pull the $$$$ back from You etc.
    Bob

9. Ozone

Ozone Member

I offer paypal for those who wish to pay by credit card, and never had 1 issue.

Now I'm a Plumbing &Heating contractor, and I'm in their home when it's time to pay the bill. What I do is..I have them sign the invoice, and when I get home at the end of the day, I send them an invoice through paypal to pay me.

Now if the customer has any delusional ideas about defrauding me and making a bogus claim through paypal, he won't get very far, because he signed my invoice that the work was completed. I'll just take him to small claims court and get him that way..the choice is his.

Now sure how you could incorporate this with the snowplowing though.

I will never use the credit card machines,it'scheaper through paypal.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010