1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Credit Card issues

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 2003ctd, Feb 23, 2009.

1. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Is anyone else having problems using their credit cards? I've had 2 banks in the past week freeze my account, until I faxed over copies of my s.s card, an id, a bank statement and a notorized note from my bank... they said they needed to verify information??? WTF? Talk about a huge Pain in the A**....

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

No problems. What did you do use it on vacation in a foreign country or get scammed on craigs list or something?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do you use them to by gas? CC companies will do that to stop fraud. Or you been late with your payment.I sure hope you called them direct if they want that kind of info from you.

4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a scam. Was it an email telling you to do this or a letter on their letter head telling you? I would ask them why. I would check your credit report. Sounds like there is more going on than just verifiyinng information.

Good Luck

5. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

ditto to what quad said. I would show up at the bank personally before I would fax my SS no anywhere

6. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Well when the card didn't work, I called the number on back of my card and spoke to a rep.... The only thing they would tell me is that because of fraud reasons, they had to verify my info... This happened twice in one week with 2 seperate cards (citi & american Express)... Just thought it was weird... Both times it happened after using the card to pay bills over the internet... I verified that the fax number I was faxing the forms to was infact the banks.... Thought maybe it had something to do with the economy, and Im assuming that fraud has risen greatly.... And yes I checked my credit report and all is fine

7. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Citi & American Express are falling apart ..So that could be why... Stay alert to any changes ! ! !

8. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

ANY time someone asks for this much info .... it's typically a scam. No CC ever asks for that much info.

LifeLock - Got it last year, I know it does not prevent everything BUT I sleep better!

9. keitha

keitha Senior Member

No problem really just the rate went from 7.9% fixed to prime plus 14.9%.