1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Creaking sound from unimount??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bsmitty, Dec 22, 2010.

1. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

Little help please. I am getting a creaking noise from my unimount when I raise my plow. I am not sure if it is coming from the motor or just the sound of the plow just lifting. I changed the fluid in the plow before the season, but it didn't make it initially. I am wondering if it is just the sound of the plow itself and if anyone has had anyhting like this before? Thanks
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Normal. Grease your pins when you put them in, it'll probably go away.
  3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Also check the "pivot bolt"
  4. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Normal- The sound is your lift chain. If you don't like it, grease the chain with FF or some other spray grease near the lift arm. It doesn't hurt anything though.
  5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Just to let you know, a creaking sound can travel to any were on the plow frame..Remember it metal, sound travel...I don't believe a chain will do that...

Just my opinion